Toronto communications professionals celebrated for excellence in their industry amidst the global pandemic
For more than 35 years, the IABC/Toronto OVATION Awards has celebrated excellence in communications in the Greater Toronto Area.
The year 2020 was challenging and changed everything. There were world-changing developments at every turn, political shifts, waves of social change and a global pandemic. Communicators rose to the challenge. They played an integral role in keeping people informed, safe and connected as we navigated challenging and unprecedented times together, while physically apart.
With more than 200 entries submitted from IABC members and non-members across various industries, we are proud to celebrate the award winners whose work has been evaluated against the global standard of the communications profession using IABC's Global Seven-Point Scale of Excellence.
Awards of Excellence
Division 1: Communication Management
- The Canadian Payroll Association: National Payroll Week 2020
- Astellas Pharma Canada, Inc.: Astellas Celebrates Movember
- Astellas Pharma Canada, Inc.: Employee Drive-In Event
MARKETING, ADVERTISING & BRAND COMMUNICATION
- Veritas and Labatt Breweries of Canada: Bud Light: Underplayed
- Unilever and Edelman Canada: AXE Project Wild
- Nathalie Noël, Strategy & Brand Coach and Cathy Ledden, Ledden Design iT: Shepherd Village Rebrand
- Strategic Objectives and Thermacell Repellents: #TurnItOnMosquitoesGone with Thermacell Repellents
- Principles: Tastes from Home: Lead Generation Campaign
MEDIA RELATIONS (BUDGET UP TO $50,000)
- Argyle and Earth Rangers: Earth Rangers App Launch: Empowering kids today, for a better environment tomorrow